The options consultation on the partial review of the Purbeck Local Plan ran between June and August this year. Over 3,300 responses were submitted to the Council’s consultation – this included a number of representations made by Chapman Lily Planning promoting and supporting, on behalf of our clients, various sites for future development.
Following the close of the consultation the Council have produced a series of actions responding to the concerns raised in responses to the consultation. The Council have confirmed these actions as being;
- The commissioning of an update to the Eastern Dorset Strategic Housing Market Assessment.
- The commissioning of a district-wide environmental capacity study.
- Updating the windfall/ infill study.
- The preparation of background papers to review the potential for development within the AONB and the Green Belt.
- The reviewing of viability evidence.
- To explore the potential for additional development at Swanage and Bere Regis.
The Council have recognised that undertaking the actions will lead to a delay to the Partial Review and that policies within the current Local Plan could be considered to be out-of-date.
An update on the actions is expected in March 2017. To find out how the delay in the partial review of the Purbeck Local Plan may affect you please contact Chapman Lily Planning.